Monday, June 7, 2010

Head Camera


The Camera on Delta's head! This was probably the easiest of all the pieces to do. I have no progress pictures of it because I was having too much fun making it... It's composition is easy though. The camera was made but cutting out pieces of green Dry Foam (from Michaels) and sanding them down to the correct shape. For the camera lens I used a thick cardboard tube and cut out a circle piece of cardboard to be put inside the tube to act as a lens. When I get my Ureshell I can harden this and finish it.

Here are a couple pictures of the camera on the helmet. When I able to Ureshell it I can paint it. The lens will be painted black and the coated with Future Acrylic Floor Finish to give it some shine as if it were glass.


Update 1: Tested some fiber-glass on a piece of spare green foam. It doesn't warp it in anyway and its fairly smooth when it's dry. When I get around to fiber-glassing the helmet I will be fiber-glassing this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment